Visual & Brand Designer
Outdoorsy is the most trusted and broadest range platform for recreational vehicles and outdoor experiences on the planet - powering road trips and life’s best moments. From finding a house-on-wheels, to adventure-equipment-you-can-sleep-in, to SUVs with roof tents, we are a travellers dream, providing all the equipment you need during the trip and trip planning services.
Launched in 2015, Outdoorsy has been the fastest growing outdoor travel marketplace with hundreds of thousands of rental days, 2+ million message exchanges between travellers and renters, and the largest growing global fleet of unique outdoor vehicles. We currently have offices worldwide in Austin, San Francisco, Vancouver, Sydney and the UK.
We're passionate about our customers, collaborative consumption, community, entrepreneurship. We’ve been motivated by our values from day one: always put the customer ahead of ourselves. We like winning. We make long-term progress in the world and repay our gratitude in every community interaction.
Working on our team means you can count on being challenged. You’ll be inspired. And you’ll be proud. Because whatever your job is here, you’ll be part of something big that you can proudly stand behind.
Are you passionate about communicating ideas and products to potential users in creative and visually compelling ways? As a Visual/Brand Designer you will work cross functionally between the Marketing and Product team to collaborate with product managers, content marketers, performance marketers and other designers. Through these interactions, you will create brand strategies and campaigns to grow one of the most recognizable brands in the outdoor space.
- Creating paid advertising digital banners, email designs, trade show materials, flyers, presentations, etc.
- Work closely with our marketing/product team to produce consistent and on-brand marketing materials.
- Creating necessary design elements such as illustrations, visuals, etc to best represent our brand.
- Understanding of how to design high-conversion landing pages and campaigns, that don’t sacrifice good design.
- Work with Product Designers to ensure external communications work seamlessly with the in product experience.
- Work with Sales and Operations to define, design and deliver sales collateral.
- 2+ years experience working as a designer
- Experience working with Adobe CC and/or Sketch
- Ability to wear many hats, multi-task in a small start-up environment.
- Attention to detail and a self-starter
- Ability to manage multiple, fast-moving processes
- You have a portfolio of visually consistent and beautifully branded advertising and marketing work, across various channels including email, web, mobile, and print, that you’re proud to share with us. Include it as a link in your application.
- Strong illustration skills.
- You are comfortable with conceptualizing and assisting the creative direction of digital and offline marketing campaigns from initial market research to frontend implementation.
- You have industry or agency experience for diverse projects and clients and a proven record of improving conversion rates. Experience with A/B testing, especially on marketing sites, is a plus.
- You have a strong understanding of design principles including layout, typography, and color theory.
- You collaborate closely with marketing, product managers, content, teammates, and other designers to ensure campaign and strategic goals are met.
- You have excellent written communication skills, know how to receive and deliver constructive criticism, and work well in a team.
- Must include links to your portfolio of work when applying.