Senior Marketing Copywriter
Outdoorsy is the most trusted and broadest range platform for recreational vehicles and outdoor experiences on the planet - powering road trips and life’s best moments. From finding a house-on-wheels, to adventure-equipment-you-can-sleep-in, to SUVs with roof tents, we are a travellers dream providing all the equipment you need during the trip and trip planning services.
Launched in 2015, Outdoorsy has been the fastest growing outdoor travel marketplace with hundreds of thousands of rental days, 2+ million message exchanges between travellers and renters, and the largest growing global fleet of unique outdoor vehicles. We currently have offices worldwide in Austin, San Francisco, Vancouver, Sydney and the UK.
We're passionate about our customers, collaborative consumption, community, entrepreneurship. We’ve been motivated by our values from day one: always put the customer ahead of ourselves. We like winning. We make long-term progress in the world and repay our gratitude in every community interaction.
Working on our team means you can count on being challenged. You’ll be inspired. And you’ll be proud. Because whatever your job is here, you’ll be part of something big that you can proudly stand behind.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role, you’ll be responsible for crafting and editing copy that communicates the value of Outdoorsy as a company to our owner/traveller community with a consistent tone and voice. You will own content creation for various external-facing channels, which will include writing website copy, app notifications, product communications, community communications, email and event collateral.
Above all your writing will drive commercial outcomes while creating an emotional connection and bond with customers.
As the copywriter for our company, you’ll be joining the Outdoorsy marketing team to help ensure a consistent and steady expression of our tone of voice brand on various channels. You’ll also work closely with Outdoorsy’s other content marketing team members (which currently includes a copywriter/editor and social posts writer) based in Austin and San Francisco.
This is a role ideal for someone who is interested in flexing their writing talents at a high-growth, profitable tech company that genuinely cares about and values strong communication. The role offers an opportunity to be part of a growing communications team and work closely with our content marketing team, with exposure to a range of talents and expertise — from public relations to employer branding to internal communications to social media management.
In the first week, you’ll familiarize yourself with Outdoorsy’ existing brand content. You’ll learn Outdoorsy’s current editorial process and existing brand guidelines. You’ll deep-dive on company strategy and business goals, ending the month by partially assuming corporate/employer-related editing and proofreading responsibilities from our content copywriters.
By week two, you’ll fully assume brand-related editorial proofreading responsibilities. You’ll also update existing website/app content to create consistency for Outdoorsy brand. You’ll assume ownership of copywriting and editing for brand content and product communications for our user community, email, recruitment material, and more.
Moving in the Spring and Summer you’ll create new content to support Outdoorsy’s product and brand roadmap. You’ll also contribute to the company editorial planning process and will support PR campaign content development.
By the end of the summer, you’ll own the role as the go-to copywriting and editing expert for all Outdoorsy content.
- You love and excel at writing, with a demonstrated mastery of spelling, grammar, and vocabulary and experience using common style guides (e.g., AP Style).
- You are a storyteller who can convey messages using words and images in a way that emotionally connects with relevant stakeholders.
- You have a clear process for editing and upholding copy standards, and use clearly defined criteria to assess the relative importance of tasks and manage workflow.
- You process information critically and methodically, catching less obvious items that others might miss.
- You connect with Outdoorsy's values (putting the customer ahead of ourselves, always do the right thing, keep it simple and amplify the positives, enjoy winning, make long-term progress in the world, repay our gratitude.
- Healthcare, unlimited PTO, 4 paid for road trips a year, and great coworkers!
- Big goals, challenging work, fast learning cycles, practical training, and meaningful feedback.
- Project exposure and ownership that impacts our world, users, product, colleagues, and business.
Outdoorsy is committed to diverse experiences, ideas, and identities of Outdoorsy’s team members help us make better decisions and drive great results for our users. We foster an inclusive work environment that welcomes team members of all backgrounds and perspectives. As an equal opportunity employer, we evaluate candidates based solely on talents, skills, and knowledge.